Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Flutters

Love.  Confidence.  Contentment.  Joy.  Then...flutters.

A clear, sunny day can suddenly turn to black, ominous clouds and blustery winds.  Loving, harmonious marriages destroyed by a weak moment.  Healthy, active bodies brought low by a silent killer disease.

If we could see our futures, would we...could we...sustain happiness for any length of time?  Maintain hope?  Persevere even when the time table is speeding toward our end?  Would we be okay with it?

The question posed to us by Brian Basham last Sunday night rings in my ears.  If a "bad" thing happened to me or my loved ones, would I be okay with it?  With God?   Would I blame Him or would I praise Him?  How easy for me when my prayers are answered in my favor.  How easy for me when the cost is not completely debilitating but yet allowing me to bounce back. 

Vowing to forever honor and praise the Lord, in good times and in bad, there suddenly comes little ...flutters.  The heart skips a beat and the breath is caught, and a prayer is uttered as my hand flies to my chest.  I believe, Lord, help my unbelief.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to post your views and comments here. We are all on a journey and our desire should be to help one another along. May God bless you!