Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Change of Direction

I was rethinking my answer.  I wanted a second chance to defend myself, my faith.  Did I slough off because it was easier?  Was it "too complicated" to get into just that moment? 

The stronger you think you are, the weaker you become.

In my continuing effort to rely not on another's opinion, but to study to show myself approved, I find myself researching man's interpretation still.  Why?  A book written in a language not my own brings me to "their" table, "their"  level of integrity, ability...faith.  Prayers of understanding, discernment and guidance go unheeded...it seems. 

Searching for truth.  Time spent fruitfully.

In the midst of online research, a posting in Facebook draws my attention.  "The true test of faith is to forgive someone who is not sorry!"  It pulls me away from diligent search and brings me to my knees with repenting heart.  Connected?  Surely.  The one thing I spend time on may be overshadowed by the true need of my soul.  Being "right" isn't always preeminent - forgiveness is.

Forgiveness doesn't always benefit the one to whom it it given; rather it is the ultimate in peace and tranquility from knowing the forgiveness you give is a shadow only of the grace from God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to post your views and comments here. We are all on a journey and our desire should be to help one another along. May God bless you!