Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Make Me a Servant

It never ceases to amaze me...He always knows what I need when I need it.  He prods my heart and kindles a desire in me that must be fulfilled.

Devotionals arrive in my emails, harmoniously echoing a thought heavy on my mind.  A sermon is given, prompting deeper meaning, and the desire fairly bursts from me!

A song new to me is sung in worship, further solidifying the need...

Make me a servant
Humble and meek
Lord let me lift up those who are weak
And may the prayers of my heart always be
Make me a servant
Make me a servant
Make me a servant today

And may the prayers of my heart always be
Make me a servant
Make me a servant
Make me a servant today

As the Lord knows I want to serve him more, I must be alert to the opportunities He puts before me.  I must be better prepared...

But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, - (1 Peter 3:15)

A missionary from the 1800's or so made this quote:  "Some want to live within the sound of church or chapel bell; I want to run a rescue shop within a yard of hell." ~C.T. Studd

Wanting to live your life fully, according to the will of God, recognizing a need and stepping up to the plate...what am I doing today to fulfill and honor what I know the Lord wants of my life?  What are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to post your views and comments here. We are all on a journey and our desire should be to help one another along. May God bless you!