Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Depths of Love

Startling, those big eyes wide and just inches from my face.  His lips were speaking to me but the mind was busily whisking me away along memories of a young boy's days of giggles and kisses and unabashed love for his grandmother.

Of fishing with plastic fish...for hours and hours!


Of an early and steadfast love for trains and all that pertain, where the distant view of a railroad trestle as we traveled would send him to unearthly degrees of joy and anticipation.


Of questions and discussions sacred to grandparents alone, feeling the gravity and responsibility of being the object of such affection.

But those eyes staring deep into mine...and I am lost in the blessedness of belonging, of loving, of being in the presence of such a one as this.

Oh, Father, I plead with you to keep this budding 13 year old in the safety of your arms, equipping him with compassion for others and a deep, abiding love for you always.  Help me as I strive to be an example for him and all my grandchildren, to teach the depths of your love for us all.
 




  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to post your views and comments here. We are all on a journey and our desire should be to help one another along. May God bless you!