Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Knowing My Commitment

As a child, I had no idea my responsibilities as part of the family, but that came with time and age, parental teaching, doing and learning.

As a twelve year old, giving my life to Christ seemed effortless.  Commitment was a word known and the meaning recited but not tested.

As a teen, commitment to my family was clouded with self-serving ideas and entitlement.  Commitment was confused.

As a young married, struggling to commit to a husband waged battle over the separation from parents and siblings.  Commitment was threatened.
As a young mother, the love and devotion to a daughter seemed easy, but the struggle to make wise decisions sometimes frightening.  But commitment took first place even at the expense of self.

As a grandmother, the commitment to grandchildren is more joy than responsibility, more happy than sad, and more valuable than life.


As a caregiver, commitment takes on a greater role, more demanding and relentless, tiring and oftentimes dispiriting.
Each phase takes on more awareness, more learning, more commitment than the one before.    

The value of life and the wonder of the Creator of life grow with each passing year, transcending through each change as this life matures and reflects.  

The Word I read, the Word I hear...even the Word I doubt...produces change in attitude, in belief, in action, and in...commitment
Father God, as I commit myself to your power and mighty hand, guide me through the days of change and allow Your Glory to shine through the good and the bad.  Give us all strength for the day, and may we ever see the path You set before us.  I am thankful you hear my prayer, through the holy name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to post your views and comments here. We are all on a journey and our desire should be to help one another along. May God bless you!