Tuesday, April 19, 2011

And This is My Prayer...


There's a young girl missing.  I don't know her personally but she's tugging at my heart.  Lots of people are searching for her.  Have been for some days now.  A public prayer event has been issued on Facebook for tomorrow, the 20th, at 11:30.  I plan "to attend."

A member of my family is missing also.  Oh, physically, she's there.  But spiritually, she's lost.  She's lost her way in this world, spiraling into the abyss and has no idea how painful it will be.  Words bounce off and fall away because physical desire and nearsightedness are consuming her and the voice of truth cannot be heard...and I am so afraid.  No public prayer event has been organized but prayers have been offered by many in her family circle.

Prayer.  Much talked about, much requested.  A verse in Mark has been coming to me in email, Facebook postings, devotionals...you name it.  I seem to have been bombarded with it.

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.  (Mark 11:24)
 ...believe that you have received it...Faith with a capital "F"!  Oh, Lord, how do I reconcile my wants and needs, for myself or others, with Your will?  How do I let my faith soar to higher heights when what I pray for may be selfish, self-serving, convenient, or even comfortable, if I do not predicate my plea with Thy will be done in all things

I want and I pray for Holly to be found in good health and brought safely home.  I desperately want my niece to wake up to her deteriorating life and recognize her creator and do His will.  But how can I know the plans He has? He knows things I cannot know.  He sees things I cannot see.  My faith in God tells me when I ask for guidance and wisdom, He will provide me what I need.  I pray tonight that He gives these two young women what they need at this hour, this day, His will be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to post your views and comments here. We are all on a journey and our desire should be to help one another along. May God bless you!