Thursday, September 22, 2011

All Is Well

With fog heavy with morning, the sun steadily attempts to break through, revealing shapes in the distance.  The sun will not shirk its duty but believing in its destination and purpose, will burn through, the fog will lift until day is fully born.

My sins, my worries, my doubts and my guilt are in that fog.  They are rising, dissipating and lifting up to the heavens, and I find joy, peace and contentment.  James is my book of choice this morning:

Anyone who listens to the word but does not do what it says is a man who looks at his face in a mirror and, after looking at himsef, goes away and immediately forgets what he looks like.  But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgeting what he has heard, but doing it- he will be blessed in what he does. James 1:23-25

How easily to be led down a dark alley by words of condemnation, with pursuing guilt stepping on your heels.  How vain and evil the preachings of men who do not walk in truth.  How wonderful the gift of Word and the ability to study to show yourself approved!

There is no one, no thing, no thought or word that can keep one from knowing God and being known by Him.   Earnest searching and prayer for wisdom and understanding brings forth a contrite heart, Godly sorrow, the request of forgiveness, and the power of faith in Him, heralding a joy in the morning with renewed vigor to work for Him.

No doubt there will be other valleys to walk through during my journey, but rejoicing will surely arrive.  Time spent in the Word gives hope to the hopeless, joy to the joyless, and strength to the weak.  My weaknesses may be many, but time in weakness brings me and my burdens to lay at His feet, and faith is replenished with joy and contentment.

Sometimes life seems hard to bear
Full of sorrow, trouble and woe.
It's then I have to remember...
That it's in the valleys I grow.

Lord, may I never stop growing in your truths, your love and your promises.  May my life's path be the one you have choosen for me, and may I learn from my valleys as I lean on you.  May I never be content to rely upon man's judgment, but forever seek you and love you with all my heart, all my soul, all my strength and all my mind.

1 comment:

  1. I love this statement: "There is no one, no thing, no thought or word that can keep one from knowing God and being known by Him."

    Great for inspiring hope! It reminds me of Romans 8: 38-39......"For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. " Thank you for sharing your heart!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to post your views and comments here. We are all on a journey and our desire should be to help one another along. May God bless you!