Thursday, February 3, 2011

And a child shall lead them...



It was seven years ago.  The call came around 1:00 a.m. and I sprang from the bed like a young'n proclaiming, "We're going to be grandparents!"    It was about an hour and twenty minutes to the hospital, and even though I just knew we would be too late, we had a pretty long wait in that comfy waiting room.

But as the time got nearer, my daughter, Missy, gave me the greatest gift I had ever received...the pleasure, the incredulous moment of watching my grandchild being born into this world!  I was video-taping - from the head of the bed, mind you! - not realizing that with each push she gave, I was holding my breath and literally slumping down the wall when the contraction was over.  Whew, that was tiresome, but so exciting!  Crews was born looking wide eyed, so alert so soon, and taking in the sights around him.   Missy was calm - epidurals will help you with that - even though the room seemed so crowded with people and activity.  It was one of the greatest moments of my life, and I thank the Lord above for that safe delivery and beautiful child!

It is now seven years later, and Lord willing, we will be seeing our eighth grandchild by Monday, February 7th!  Mark and Erin will be having their third child, Elijah "Eli", which gives us seven grandsons and one granddaughter!  WHO KNEW WHAT A DIFFERENCE GRANDCHILDREN WOULD MAKE IN OUR LIVES!  Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to post your views and comments here. We are all on a journey and our desire should be to help one another along. May God bless you!